12.11.2005

blessed

This was quite a big day…. Sundays always are… I just want to thank the Lord for my family and for how He has blessed me in so many ways…. Just as Abram was reminded by King Melchizedek in Genesis 15 that he was delivered from his enemies by God, so I want to have that perspective every day of my life. I want to always be recognizing even the littlest of moments and even the mundane things of life as blessings from Him…. and that it is His hand that is sustaining me…. and then as that chapter progresses to be reminded that God has a future and plan for my life, and that I need to be faithful and true to Him with my life and all that He has blessed me with… and protect what He has entrusted to me…. I am so thankful God…You are so amazing!

Even tonight, as we had our annual church Christmas dinner…. and even in the craziness of trying to care for and move around four small children (Kristen is so amazing with this) ….I am reminded of how blessed I am…. not only am I blessed to have a beautiful, loving, and caring wife, the best kids in the world…but also as I think about tonight’s experience, I am blessed to have the privilege of friends and being involved in a church that is like ours….

Things may not always be perfect…. and that’s a good thing that they aren’t, but if I can always keep the right perspective….I will always recognize how blessed I am and how loved I am by my God….

Jesus, help me stay in that place…. may my focus be to not only recognize that I am blessed, but also that my life would bless your heart also…Jesus, may I take my eyes off of me and put them on You only….

No comments: