12.17.2005

mcdonald's and the Ultimate Gift

So here we are... one day closer to Christmas....the day that we celebrate the birth of our Savior...the Messiah....Emmanuel...the greatest Gift we could ever be given.

I was reminded today about the gift of salvation by the act of someone I don't know. For lunch today, we went to one of my kids favorite establishments - McDonald's.....anyhow while we were there and while I was up getting a refill on a drink....a man approached our table and blessed us with $20 worth of McD's gift certificates! Someone we have never seen before in our lives. He had said he was watching our family and wanted to give us something so that we could go out to eat some some more!

What a blessing... This guy doesn't know us from next person, but yet he chose to give us something that we hadn't earned from him...He didn't owe us anything...but he gave anyway so that we would be the better....

That simple act of love caused me to think of the gift of Jesus to the world...None of us deserved the gift of Jesus...God didn't owe us anything, but he chose to so that we could be the better.... That is if we take the gift offered us. If we to take the gift we will be the better.... because of that gift we know that there are better days ahead for us - ultimately in Heaven.

As I watched a video today giving a scientific argument for Intelligent Design I was once again struck with the greatness of our God and how He works and creates to levels beyond our imagination and comprehension. How great He is! And then just two hours later my family is unexpectedly blessed by God through a stranger at McDonald's. Not only how great and beyond us is our God, but also how good and close He is to us in the everyday moments of life....

That's the message of the Bible ... God says, "I don't need you, but I desire you." That's the truth. He doesn't owe us anything...but he loves us,and wants to give us good things. So good You are!

Once again...I'm amazed, grateful, provided for and left wanting to live for the glory of God. Thank you Jesus - The Ultimate Gift.

No comments: