1.29.2006

all we need


“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.” James 1:17



This past week, I have been reminded of this verse that Kristen and I have picked as a verse for each of our children….actually, it’s been one of those verses that has been key to our marriage relationship and our view of all that we have been blessed with.

“Every good and every perfect gift”….they are all from God and he is the one that we have to be grateful to… During this past week, not only have I been blessed with the birth of Leah Faith, but I have also experienced many of God’s gifts this week through the love, care, and support of our family, small group, friends and everyone at Devonshire. Through the help in caring for children, meals that have been provided, little baby outfits, and prayers of others, I’m reminded time and time again of what a blessing it is to live in authentic community with others…

I am blown away by God’s amazing grace and kindness… Not only are these “good” and “perfect gifts” wonderful blessings, but they also point to the goodness and greatness of God. He truly is the one “with whom there is no variation or … change.” That is one of the greatest truths that we have… that our God doesn’t change… That He is consistent, always loving, always for our best, forever the One on whom we can rely, the Great Provider… and the Giver of all good gifts.

Lord, I thank you for these truths…help me to always remember that you are the Father of lights that never changes and that You are the good Gift-Giver … as I do, I will know that you are all that I need…


ALL WE NEED – Charlie Hall
Rich or poor God I want You more
Than anything that glitters in this world
Be my all, all consuming fire

We have all we need in You
And all we need is You
All we need is You

You can have all my hands can hold
My heart, mind, strength and soul
Be my all, all consuming fire




No comments: