1.19.2006

thoughts while waiting

It’s been a while since I had a chance or took time to write post something up here on the blog. Since I returned from Passion 06 I have been pretty sick with the flu and a bad cold. I’m starting to get better finally. Thank you Jesus!

We’re still in the waiting phase for the birth of our fifth child. I’m really looking forward to it, but at the same time, I feel for some reason that this will be more of an adjustment than going from three to four children….hmmm…not just an adjustment….but that it’s going to be challenging.

I’m sure that we’ll be fine, because I know God is faithful and will give us the strength to make it. But I’m praying especially for Kristen as she goes through labor and even after that as she is going to be the primary person who is going to be home during the day with the kids….She is so amazing!!!

Our oldest, Anna, just turned six years old on Sunday….I can’t believe it’s been that long already….time really does fly….

….well, that’s all for now.  I just wanted to post a few thoughts as we wait for the next little one to come….

“Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours.” 1 Chronicles 29:11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just make sure you count heads before you leave anywhere. Not that my parents ever left any of the 5 of us behind... but who knows... maybe there were really 6 of us. Or 7. Welp, guess we'll just never know. Maybe its better that way. You have more faith in the system thinking you're not missing a brother, or a sister. I do have enough sisters... Poor Noah, i at least had a brother, albeit ten years younger than me.
Hey, good luck, and you're in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Derek and Kristen,

Congratulations! I am speechless in awe.

God bless you,
Keena