3.08.2006

put it on

This week the focus of my study is on the Colossians 3 passage. The first four verses of this chapter are so awesome for the believer...

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

I love it, this is all about who we are - WE ARE HIS. As verse four says, "Christ who is your life..." He is everything. I AM HIS.

As the passage continues, I am challenged to act like who I am in Christ. While I am his and I have died and my life is hidden in God, there is also the reality that I am still living in this world that is fallen and full of temptation. I must "put off clothes" that are not Christ-like and "put on clothes" that are what the "beloved" of God would wear.

I've gotta be intentional to "put on" the clothes...I have a part to play...If my identity is in him, I will look it. He will be my everything.

Lord, you are my life. May I set my heart and mind on you. I want to be more like You. I want to look like yours from the inside out.

No comments: