PASSION WEEK is here, and here's a timely question that a friend sent me the other days from one of his devotional materials. It's one of those questions that has me thinking.Some people say a Christian should “give til it hurts.” Do you agree?
Hmmm.... well when you think of Jesus' example, he exceeded the giving til it hurts .... How far ought we to push ourselves in giving of our lives in whatever way for the Lord? When I think of it in the light of what Jesus did and said, and what Scripture asks of us, how can we give anything less than all of our lives ...
What that looks like, and what it means for it to hurt, I will have to think about it some more ... because how much am I hurting? What does that mean for my life? What kind of hurting are we talking about? Ultimately, it's about sacrificial living... for the God's sake.
Lord, thank you for giving til it was past hurting ... even to DEATH. Lord, help me to know every day what and how to live sacrificially for You.
No comments:
Post a Comment