4.14.2006

stations

GOOD FRIDAY. Tonight, we held our Stations of the Cross experience... as I walked through each station tonight with my daughters I was once again moved by the passion of Jesus Christ. The suffering that he endured... the betrayal...the pain ... the beatings ... the ridicule ... the humility...

Jesus, thank you so much...what can I say? It was also memorable having the opportunity to walk through the experience with my daughters...I was amazed at how much they understood...that even children can understand the story of Good News and what Jesus did on our behalf. As we walked through, I could tell that they were getting the story and were being moved by the suffering Servant.

At one point, along the experience they had the chance to write on a big paper what they were thinking... Rachel wrote, "Jesus, I am really sad because you died on the cross."

One last note...I've put the pictures up that some folks from our church painted...they did awesome jobs....what a talented bunch!

Station One: Jesus is Condemned to Death by Alana Ricords

Station Two: Jesus is Mocked by Liana Roy

Station Three: Simon Carries the Cross by Warwick Fuller


Station Four: Jesus Speaks to the Women of Jerusalem by Joyce Larson


Station Five: Jesus is Stripped by Liana Roy

Station Six: Jesus is Nailed to the Cross by Joyce Larson

Station Seven: Jesus Dies by Alana Ricords

Station Eight: Jesus is Taken Down by Jamie Creason


Station Nine: Jesus is Laid in the Tomb by Warwick Fuller

No comments: