The other day, I was out putting some feed out for the birds in our bird feeder that hangs under our deck and I was reminded of Matthew 10:29-31 where it says,
"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
God cares for even the littliest of birds ... he provides for them. I just thought it was interesting that as I was putting out the feed into the bird feeder that verse came to mind, and in doing so, I was reminded that at that moment, I was being used by God to care for his little creatures.
What a thought! To be used by the Creator of the universe. How cool is that?! And that is all that God is asking of me. He just wants me to surrender my life to him, and allow him to use me in whatever way he wills.
God is going to carry forth his plan. The question for us is: "Will I be a part of it ... and let him use me to "feed the birds"?
Amazing what those little creatures can teach us.
No comments:
Post a Comment