
Last week our family was able to get away for the week to Williamsburg, VA. It has been the place that we've headed for the week following Thanksgiving the past three years and have found it to be a very enjoyable time of relaxing and spending time together as a family. Our week this time around ended up being a week where the stomach bug ended up running through all seven us from Sunday night to Thursday night. It still ended up bein a nice week as we were able spend time with the some friends that we don't get to see to often.
At the end of the week my son asked me this question at the pool, "Dad, what was your favorite part of the week?" I thought about it a little ... and what I realized was this - that even though we were sick for the majority of the week, the best thing was still just the opportunity to spend uninterrupted time with my family - to be able to go swimming with them, to take in the sites at Colonial Williamsburg with them, to play games with them, to do homework with them, to read with them, to visit friends with them, etc. ... to be WITH THEM.
I am blessed. My wife and children are such gifts from the Lord. And I am so grateful to him for them.
On another note: Throughout the week, I read a book entitled, Effective Parenting in a Defective World by Chip Ingram. I would recommend it to anyone interested in reading on the topic of parenting.
No comments:
Post a Comment