1.13.2007

HE reigns

Today as I came to the end of my six mile run, I was really feeling it ... I don't think I could have made it much further ... but as I came to the end of my run, the music I was listening to had the words "Hallelujah! Our God Reigns!" being declared over and over.

It was fitting and encouraging for me to hear those words at a time when I was feeling really beat and worn physically... I was done .. I couldn't have run much further, and it reminded me that as humans (no matter who we are) we have our limits. There's going to be an end to our days here on earth, there is only so much that we can do in whatever arena we are in ...

And when our time is done ... When we have done all that we can ... When the day is over .... God is still going. He's still seated on the throne reigning.

Hallelujah! is right ... We'd be in a bad way if it was up to any of us ... Hallelujah! That our God never wears out on the job like I did on my run today...

No comments: