3.26.2007

it was there


In just a little over a day, I'll be back on a plane to a place where God worked in my life in amazing ways over two summers of my life while I was in college. It was during some time I spent in Hong Kong and Macau, that I sensed the Lord leading me to give my life to full-time Christian ministry. It's during my time there that I read a book entitled, Brutchko that helped bring me to the point of landing on Philippians 1:20-21 as my life verses. It was during my time there that my burden for those who don't yet know Christ was increased. It was there that my desire to be a part of taking the Gospel to the nations was heightened. It was there that I realized all the more how much I loved my wife-to-be. It was there that I started training for the one marathon that I've run in my life so far. It was there that made a connection that led to my being in my current place of ministry .... So many things, but most importantly ... It was there that I sensed the Holy Spirit alive and at work in my life in so many ways as God opened the eyes of my heart to understand his love, his grace, and his mercy for me...

As I think back to that part of my life ... I find that there's much that I'm grateful to God about for those days in my life...

So now I get to go back for my sister's wedding ...

As I head back, it's a time to reflect on what God did at that time, what he done since that time, and where I'm headed now ...

Lord, thank you for all that you've done in my life ... thank you for never changing ... and may my life's goal never change .......... "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:20-21

2 comments:

bob said...

Glad you're part of our family, Derek. It is amazing the way God shapes our lives. The way He plans every day and allows us to rest in the knowledge that He has it all under control. Kewl! Who would want to live any other way?

bob said...

Glad you're part of our family, Derek. It is amazing the way God shapes our lives. The way He plans every day and allows us to rest in the knowledge that He has it all under control. Kewl! Who would want to live any other way?