7.26.2007

you never know



Well, you never know ... this morning after I came back from my run .... I was in the kitchen and I heard this loud thud on the window ... I wasn't sure if someone was there knocking on the window or what ... so I went and looked and what it ended up being was a bird had flown full force into the window and was laying on the porch ... it was alive at that point, but a few moments later it was dead ...

It got me thinking ... that bird was just doing it's thing ... it was flying around and thought everything was looking good ... thought that it had some good flying space ahead when BOOM! it flew right into a glass wall (not that I'm saying our windows are that amazingly clean ... because their not ... tons of little kid prints all over them) but with the reflection it must have seemed like it was okay to fly through ...

It just reminded me that sometimes in life we can be doing what is good, right, okay, and perfectly normal, but none of us knows when that day will come when we're gonna be done with this life. No one knows ...

So then the question ... are we ready to go whenever that time would come? Are we ready? What are we going to find ourselves living for when we go?

Our lives are short ... James 4:14 says, "...you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." In the big scheme of things ... our lives are real short ...

This verse sums up my personal desire for what I'll be living for ... "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." (Acts 20:24)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: