8.26.2007

a new year - school one that is ...


unbelievable ... at least that's sort of what it feels like ... tomorrow school is starting back up for two of our kids and one more gets to go for her first time ... they are excited for it and looking forward to meeting their new teachers ...

This past week, as I studied Deuteronomy 4 and 6, I was reminded of our responsibility as parents to be diligent in our teaching of our children in what it means to love God with all their heart, soul, and strength ...

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 says, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."

That pretty much encompasses everything that I'm doing as an opportunity to teach and point my children to God and help them take the next step in their relationship with God ....

So it just got me thinking ... how can I better teach my kids to love God? Am I telling them? Am I modeling for them?

I've got to do the best I can because at the end of the day ... the only thing that matters is whether they have a relationship with God ... that's all that matters ...

No comments: