11.11.2007

Overcoming Sin and Temptation Discussion


So I'm just starting my read through a book that's been recommended by a good number of people whom I have a respect for. The book is entitled, Overcoming Sin and Temptation by John Owen.

In 1656 Owen published the first of the works included in the edited version that I'm reading entitled Of the Mortification of Sin in Believers. So with that said ... Owen's works have been around for a few hundred years .... and from what I've read thus far, I'm looking forward to the read ...

Just before I started reading this, I came upon a book discussion group led by blogger Tim Challies where their going to read a chapter a week ... If you're interested, you can go to his post where he explains the book discussion idea ...

You can click here if you want to download the book in .pdf format and not purchase it at Amazon.

No comments: