I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:20-21)
9.14.2008
Pinchot Olympic Triathlon
So this morning at 4:30 a.m. I woke up and started the trip down to Gifford Pinchot State Park with my sister where we took part in Tricat Sports Olympic Triathlon. For the past 17 weeks I have been training for this day, and it was a blast to be a part of this event with my sister and to have my family (and even our neighbors!) there cheering us along ...
The 1-mile swim was great and the water was a great temperature (80 degrees) ... the 27-mile bike ride was enjoyable ... and the 6.2-mile run to finish off was tiring and I just wanted to get it done ... a 1/2 mile into the run I sprained my right ankle on the trail which didn't make it any more fun ...
It was a beautiful, sunny, and by the end of the race, hot day ...
It was a great experience and the folks who put on the race which benefited the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation did a great job ...
I'm glad I did it ... here are a few pics of race day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Derek
Congratulations on your completion of a triathlon! How exciting Kelly and yourself were able to participate in the event together.
Hope the experience was a great one for you.
Press on
Dawn
(Kelly's co worker)
Derek...
Awesome job... You look really fit in your pics... when is your next one? Let's train together...
manny
Post a Comment