9.30.2008

Spin Class & the Complete Soul

This morning at 5:30 a.m. I headed over to the gym and took my first spin class ever ... and let me tell you ... it was a workout ... but I must say it was good ...

Other than being so early in the morning, the one thing that I noticed that showed I was a novice at this spin thing was that I didn't have a water bottle, and I sure could have used one ... everyone else in the class had one and they made sure to let me know at the end of the session that I best be bringing one next time ...

While I'm not really much of a water drinker during workouts, I definitely could have used something ...

...Anyhow, I thought I'd put out there a few verses and thoughts that I had this morning that I read and believe God wanted me to hear ...

Here's the verses:

"... He who descended is the one who also ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things." Ephesians 4:10

"For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:14-19


"Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." John 6:35

I was reminded that because of Christ, my soul is complete. It is because of Jesus that I can experience fullness and strength. That it is God's desire for me to be filled with the fullness of him. And that while I was thirsty during my workout this morning, my soul doesn't need to thirst ... if only I will come to Him.

That amazing ... that great news ... that's the Gospel ... so many times I follow my sinful desires and the lies that if I follow them I will find satisfaction only to still be left empty and wanting. But when I go to Christ, the One who descended and then ascended "so that he may fill all things" ... It is then that I am satisfied ... full ... and complete ...

Yesterday I ran across this song recorded by Matt Redman called, "My Soul is Complete" ... fit's real well ... huh?

No comments: