"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy hill. Selah. I lay down and slept; I woke again, for the Lord sustained me."
This morning I read this in Psalm 3:3-5 and it brought back to mind a bunch of ways that God has cared for us in the past and how because of my confidence in Him (just like the psalmist) I can sleep in peace.
The most recent event that came to mind on how He has been a "shield about us" was something that happened this past Tuesday. Tuesday around here was a super windy and blustery day... and as Kristen and I were out with our two younger kids and our niece, we were driving down the road and a large portion of a tree fell on us and broke the windshield, banged up the body, broke the passenger side outside mirror off ... it was pretty crazy just watching it keep coming down on us ... after we pulled over and looked back on the mess of tree that was blocking the whole road and all the traffic we realized how fortunate we all were ...
... Anyhow everyone in the van was fine ... just the van's not fine ... and so now as we are moving forward we're in the market for a new vehicle ...
So, back to the point, as I read this psalm this morning, I could agree with the psalmist as he sings,"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me" ... seriously, He shielded us from the tree .... and that I can "... lay down and (sleep); (and wake) again, for the Lord sustained me" ... and will sustain me.
No comments:
Post a Comment