10.01.2010

Meant to Be


So it's been over a month since we had the privilege of adopting Anthony into our family. Since then, school has started up for the kids, regular weekly ministries at church have kicked into gear and the routine of soccer practices and games are in place. It's been a good month and life just seems to be flying ... I can't believe that it's already October.

Today, I came across this music video for a new song from Steven Curtis Chapman entitled, "Meant to Be," and as I listened and saw the pictures flash across the screen of kids that had been adopted, I was reminded of our adoption journey with Anthony ... and how he was "meant to be" a part of our family.

But more than that, it's true for every single one of my kids, every person in my life, and every person my eyes come across ... and for me ... we are all "meant to be."  What a wonderful truth that says everyone's life has purpose and meaning. This week I was reminded of Galatians 2:20 where it says this of my Savior and the value that he has placed on my life - "(He) loved me and gave himself for me." What more could he have done to show us that our lives were of great value?!


A month or so ago, Kristen wrote about our adoption journey over the past two years. So as I reflected on all of this, I re-read through her posts and her documentation of many ways God worked in our lives. I couldn't help but think how the whole time our sovereign God was faithfully and purposefully at work.

So be encouraged and know that God is at work - even when we may not be able to see or understand ... and don't forget that "You were meant to be!"

Also, if you have time to read Kristen's posts on our journey to adopt, we'd love for you to read them.  Our desire is that you might be encouraged to trust God and his leading in your life.

Here's the links to them:

Our Adoption Journey Part One: The Calling
Our Adoption Journey Part Two: Waiting
Our Adoption Journey Part Three: The Blessing

1 comment:

Erin and Ryan said...

I LOVE the blog Kristen wrote. It brought me to tears :)