"All the earth worships you and sings praises to you;
they sing praises to your name. Selah" Psalm 66:4 ESV
I'm so grateful for the time that I had these past few days to enjoy the beautiful weather with my family as we headed to the mountains for some hiking:
Hawk Mountain: On Friday, we headed over to Duncannon and hiked on part of the Appalachian Trail and got a great view of the surrounding area (click here for the pics of that).
Ricketts Glen State Park: Today, we took a day trip up to Ricketts Glen State Park with friends. It's a little bit of a drive, but with the leaves changing, I didn't mind ... it was so beautiful! We had a wonderful time hiking around on the Falls Trail seeing the 20+ waterfalls. (click here for our pics of Ricketts)
One of my favorite moments of today was when Anna turned around on the trail that was taking us past a big waterfall ... and with a big smile and excitment in her voice ... said this to me:
"Dad, do you know what I like most about our hikes these past few days? What I like about them so much is that they make me love God so much. God's creation is so beautiful!"
I agreed with her and told her I was glad she was enjoying it, and then off she went to play and enjoy the hike ... It was that little glimpse into her heart and mind that I'm grateful to God for tonight as I reflect on the day ...
I couldn't agree with her more ... God you are so amazing! Stunning ... Beautiful ...
No comments:
Post a Comment