2.18.2006

keep on keeping on

"The friendship of the Lord is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant." Psalm 25:14

What an amazing verse! Just a few verses prior to this one, the Psalmist writes about how great his guilt is, and then in this verse he talks about friendship with God. How God continues to make his plans known to us... The NIV translation says it this way, "The Lord confides in those who fear him..." So cool...that we can have that kind of relationship with the God of the universe....that he would call us friends and confide in us...

As I've been reading throughout the Bible this year, I've been impressed with the holiness of God. Through reading in the books of Exodus and Leviticus about the building of the Tabernacle, and instructions for different types of sacrifices, I've been reminded by how holy our God is and how seriously we must take our relationship with Him.

So back to this friendship thing.... that such a holy God would love us and save us from our sin is so humbling.... and this past week I was encouraged through Galatians 6:9 to continue to live out a life that pleases God. Paul encourages us to "not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

It was the encouragement and promise that I needed ... to keep on keeping on with living for the glory of God, on staying focused on pleasing him, on not getting distracted from the purpose that he has for my life, and remembering the holiness of God... for it says, "we WILL reap" a harvest.

Lord, you are my all in all... You have blessed me so greatly.... shine through me so that others my know you.

No comments: