2.27.2006

marvelous light

One of the songs that I've just been chewing on the past two months is Charlie Hall's "Marvelous Light" The lyrics on the song are just great. In a way they are a declaration of what God has done for his children. Of who they have are in him.

1 Peter 2:9 says, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light." (ESV)

We were once in darkness, but through the cross of Jesus we are now able to see as we now live in "his marvelous light." So cool. Oh what joy! He's our Rescuer. He's the Light. He's our Savior. He's all that we need.


Marvelous Light by Charlie Hall

I once was fatherless/A stranger with no hope/Your kindness wakened me/Wakened me from my sleep now/Your love it beckons deeply/A call to come and die/By grace now I will come/And take this life take Your life

Sin has lost its power/Death has lost its sting/From the grave You've risen/Victoriously/
Into marvelous light I'm running/Out of darkness out of shame/Through the cross You are the Truth/You are the Life/ You are the Way


My dead heart now is beatingMy deepest stains now cleanYour breath fills up my lungs/Now I'm free now I'm free

No comments: