3.01.2006

compassion

As I read Mark 8:2, I was caught by the word "compassion." Jesus was with a bunch of people who were in need of food. They had been spending time with him and hadn't eaten in a while, and we're told that Jesus was moved to compassion.

Throughout the past few days, it seems as though, I've been seeing stories on TV talking about people who are going through tough times physical and emotionally. Talked with people who are dealing with challenging situations financially, and even talked with some of the folks who have been serving the people in the Gulf coast areas that were hit by Hurricane Katrina...

Compassion. It seems that God is impressing on my heart the need for compassion. Whether it be physically, spiritually, emotionally, financially, or whatever other way, there are people all around us, who need the compassionate touch of someone who cares for them in their distress.

Jesus was considerate of the needs of the people who were hanging out around him.

Lord, may I be more like you in the area of being a compassionate person to those that I come in contact with ... may Your love flow through me.

No comments: