I just finished watching the news and they were giving a follow-up story to what the city of Harrisburg is going to do to try and prevent people for jumping from building to building in the downtown area.
The reason that they are doing this is that last week, a young woman died after she fell over ten stories to her death. (Click here for that story) I had recieved a phone call a few days after she passed away from someone who had been with this young lady on the afternoon that she died. And as we talked about what had happened we were once again reminded of the brevity of life. (This is actually the second story in the past month that I've seen on the news where someone died from falling of/out of a building in the past month.)
None of us know when our time will come....None of us know when the time will come for those that we are around each day... With that in mind, how does that affect our lives....For me, it causes me to value and appreciate the time that I do have with those I come in contact with... To make the most of every opportunity. Even making the most of every opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus.
As James 4:14 says, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." We are but a mist. Life is so brief in the big scheme of things... The longer I'm alive, the more I seem to appreciate this fact. I see it with my own kids....just yesterday they were infants....now my oldest is finishing out Kindergarten...
Lord, help value every moment of every day and live it to the fullest for your glory. Life is short ... help me not to forget it.
No comments:
Post a Comment