3.21.2006

captivated

Last night, as I laid in bed ready to head off to sleep I listened to the song, "Captivate Us," by Watermark. The chorus of the song says:

Captivate us Lord Jesus set our eyes on You/Devastate us with your presence falling down / And rushing river draw us nearer / Holy fountain consume us with You / Captivate us Lord Jesus with You

The rest of the song talks about how wonderful the Lord is. As I lay there and this morning as I spent my time with the Lord, I must say that I am "captivated" and desire to be "devastated" with his presence. I am overwhelmed by the wonder and in awe of God. I have "tasted" and "seen" - only a small portion - but enough to know that Jesus is my Desire - the one I truly long for. Jesus, may my eyes be fixed on you, "that author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2).

Lord, I am captivated by you. Forgive me for when my eyes have been elsewhere. O how I thirst for you.

"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need for further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made thirsty still." - A.W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God, p. 20

No comments: