In Genesis 32 we find the story of Jacob wrestling with God. What an encouraging story for me today. The story of persistence and the struggling with the Lord was what I needed to hear. Following Jacob’s struggle with the Lord, he names the place Peniel which means “the face of God.” We’re told in Genesis 32:30 that he named it that because he had seen God face to face, and yet his life had been delivered. This story comes as Jacob’s is about to come face to face with his brother whom he had deceived and has not seen for 20 years.
What it must be like to see the face of God! Tonight, I was spending time holding my 6 week old daughter and we were spending some time just looking into each others eyes as we looked face to face. I was blown away by how beautiful, amazing, wonderful, precious, etc. her face is.
How much more wonderful the face of God must be. Then to think of the idea of struggling. How much do I desire to see the face of God? I love looking upon the face of my little baby, but to see the face of my Savior. And then to think, as Jacob did because of his deceptive behavior, what is there in my life that might keep me from wanting to come face to face with my Lord?
Lord, investigate my life and make me clean so that I may look upon your face knowing that I have done my best to honor you with a pure heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment