1.02.2007

meeting

This past Sunday I was headed to church with my family and I was reminded of what a special thing it is to meet together with others to corporately worship our God together.

I guess that maybe I was hit with the idea because for the majority of my life I've lived in a church parsonage that was right next to the church building, and even now that we've moved I get to the church to get things ready before anyone else gets there ...

But, nonetheless, I was reminded of what a special thing/privilege it is to "go to church." What else is there that people voluntarily meet together for? I guess some do for sports events, concerts, and a few other special events ... But they are special things that say what a person values ... What their priorities are...

And so when the psalmist says, "Come let us worship..." and the writer of Hebrews says, "Let us not give up the habit of meeting together..." They're commanding us to do something that is so important and very special. In that moment on the way to church with my family, I was reminded of what a special/wonderful thing it is that on Sunday morning there are about another 200 people (way more than that if we include all the Christians headed to churches around the world) doing the same thing I was doing ... They were headed for the same place I was so that WE could meet together with each other and worship and meet with our God.

Amazing!

Lord, may I never take lightly the times when your people meet together. As we meet together, come and meet us Lord Jesus.

No comments: