8.24.2009

Support Me: I've Joined Team World Vision

Earlier this year, I read a book entitled, The Hole in Our Gospel, by Richard Stearns (the president of World Vision). It's one of those books, that has now played a part in shaping my thinking on what the Gospel is and what it means to and for my life. Through it, I came to a better understanding of the work that World Vision does around the globe in helping families, children, and communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of injustice and poverty.





So, this October, I've chosen to run the Baltimore Half Marathon as part of Team World Vision with a few friends to raise money for World Vision's "Clean Water Project for Africa." (You can read more about this project by clicking here.)

Here's why I'm putting this up here: I'd love for you to help me raise funds for World Vision so that they can provide much need clean water to the many there who walk 5-8 miles for clean water ... and fight sickness and death because of the lack of access to it.

Please consider supporting us in this effort ... go to this site to find out how you can do so ... http://www.firstgiving.com/dmcteamworldvision

No comments: