So, I missed this the other week when it happened, but after reading Voddie Bauchum's post comparing David Robinson's & Michael Jordan's NBA Hall of Fame acceptance speeches, I had to check them out ... I'd always respected David Robinson for his integrity and his strong witness as a Christian ... and was impressed once again has he graciously accepted this honor in a way that honored is family, his teamates, friends, and most importantly to Lord. Very cool!
It's worth checking out Robinson's speech here if you can't see it above.
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:20-21)
9.18.2009
The Admiral
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, wasn't his speech great?
Post a Comment